Find A Wife Abroad&Spouses of U.S. People
As a whole, you might be eligible for naturalization under Section 319(a) for the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if your
- Have already been a resident that is permanentGreen Card owner) for at the least 36 months
- Have already been residing in marital union using the U.S. that is same citizen during such time
- Meet all other eligibility needs under this area
In a few situations, partners of U.S. residents used abroad may be eligible for naturalization aside from their time as permanent residents. These partners may qualify under part 319(b) of this INA.
For information concerning spouses of armed forces people, see our people in the Military and their loved ones web web page. Additionally for information on becoming a resident that is permanent petitioning for members of the family, please check out our Green Card or Family websites.
General Eligibility Needs
To qualify for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) of this INA, an applicant must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be considered a resident that is permanentGreen Card owner) for at the very least three years instantly preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Have already been staying in marital union aided by the U.S. resident partner, that has been a U.S. resident during each of such duration, through the three years straight away preceding the date of filing the applying or more until assessment from the application
- Have lived in the state, or USCIS region with jurisdiction within the applicant’s destination of residence, for at the very least three months ahead of the date of filing the application form
- Have actually constant residence in the us as a lawful resident that is permanent at minimum three years instantly preceding the date of filing the program
- Reside constantly inside the united states of america from the date of application for naturalization before the right period of naturalization
- Be physically present in the usa for at the least eighteen months from the 36 months instantly preceding the date of filing the application form
- Have the ability to read, write, and talk English and also have knowledge and a knowledge of U.S. history and federal government (also called civics)
- Be an individual of great character that is moral connected to the axioms associated with Constitution regarding the united states of america, and well my russian bride disposed into the good order and delight regarding the usa during all appropriate periods beneath the law
Partners of U.S. People Employed Abroad
Generally speaking, the partner of the U.S. citizen that is used by the U.S. federal government, like the army, or other qualifying boss, whose partner is planned become stationed abroad such work for at the very least 12 months during the time of filing, might be entitled to naturalization under section b that is 319( for the INA.
Generally speaking, a partner of a U.S. resident employed abroad must certanly be contained in the usa pursuant to a legal admission for permanent residence during the time of assessment in the naturalization application and also at enough time of naturalization, and meet of all the demands in the above list except that:
- No particular period being a permanent resident (Green Card owner) is necessary (nevertheless the partner should be a resident that is permanent
- No particular amount of constant residence or presence that is physical the usa is necessary
- No certain period of marital union is necessary; nonetheless, the partners should be in a marriage that is valid enough time of filing before the time of naturalization.
Note: you need to additionally establish you will leave abroad soon after naturalization and therefore you want to have a home in the usa straight away upon the termination of one’s spouse’s work abroad.